The main purpose of the eaForms is to provide information on software that we have developed and provide to others. Although the information collect is limited by using this site, you consent to the collection and use of this information by us as detailed below.
Types of information we may collect
We may collect and process the following data about you:
When you give it to us or give us permission to obtain it
You may give us information about you by filling in forms on our Website or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you register to use our Website, subscribe for any services we offer, search for a product, place an order, participate in discussion boards or forums and when you report a problem with our Website. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number, financial and credit card information; and
When you use our Website we get technical information
With regard to each of your visits to our website we may automatically collect the following information:
- Technical information, including the Internet Protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, location information (depending on your device and its settings), time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- Information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our Website including date and time); products you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
Use of information
ExploringEA may use information held about you in the following ways:
(a) We may use information you give us:
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
- to provide you with information about other goods and services we offer;
- to notify you about changes to our service; and
- to ensure that content from our Website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
(b) We may use information we collect about you:
- to administer our Website and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve our Website to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- as part of our efforts to keep our Website safe and secure;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you; and
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you about goods or services that may interest you.
We may employ the services of third parties to help us in certain areas including delivery of products, delivery and hosting of our Website, payments (including checking the validity of your details to prevent fraud), maintenance and identity checking.
We may transfer any information we have about you in the event of a merger with a third party or upon a sale or transfer of all or a portion of our business or assets to a third-party acquirer.
If we are under a duty to disclose or share your information in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our Terms and other agreements; or to protect our rights, property, or safety, our users, or others.This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
ExploringEA employs platforms that may place a text file called a “cookie” in the browser files of your computer. The cookie itself does not contain Personal Information although it will enable us to relate your use of this site to information that you have specifically and knowingly provided. The only personal information a cookie can contain is information you supply yourself. This helps us to provide you with a good experience when you browse our website and also allow us to improve our Website. If you continue to use this site we will assume that you are happy with this.
Category: Strictly Necessary Cookies
These cookies are essential in order to enable you to move around our Website and use its features, such as accessing the basket. Without these cookies, services you have asked for such as remembering your login details or shopping basket items cannot be provided.
Category: Functionality Cookies
These cookies remember the choices you make while browsing and shopping on our Website, including search parameters and saved designs. These can then be used to provide you with an experience more appropriate to your selections and to make your visits to our Website more tailored. The information collected through these cookies is only used for this purpose and is never shared or sold on to third parties. We may also store information about you when which we can access when you visit our Website in future. We do this to facilitate functions enabling visitors to download data from our Website.
Category: Analytical/Performance Cookies
These cookies collect information anonymously on how people use our Website. We use Google Analytics cookies to help us understand how customers arrive at our Website, browse or use our Website and highlight any errors they have encountered so we can improve areas such as navigation, ordering experience and marketing campaigns.
If you want to delete any cookies that are already on your computer, please refer to the help and support area on your internet browser for instructions on how to locate the file or directory that stores cookies. Also, information on deleting or controlling cookies is available at . Please note that by deleting our cookies (or blocking future cookies) you may not be able to access certain areas or features of our Website.
Storage of information
Where we store your personal data
Our Website is hosted on servers located in the UK, however if you make payment for a product or service on our Website you may be transferred to a payment service located outside of the EEA. In this case data may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area ("EEA"). It may also be processed by staff operating outside the EEA who work for us or for one of our suppliers. Such staff maybe engaged in, among other things, the fulfilment of your order, the processing of your payment details and the provision of support services. By submitting your personal data, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing. Where we have given you a password which enables you to access certain parts of our Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. You are solely responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your password and any other identifying information. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our Website; any transmission is at your own risk. We are not responsible for any damages which you, or others, may suffer as a result of the loss of confidentiality of such information. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access and protect your information
When you make payment on our Website your payment details are encrypted and transferred securely to our third-party payment service providers for immediate authorisation. This payment service is PCI DSS certified. Your payment details are not recorded or stored in our databases. All direct payment gateways adhere to the standards set by PCI-DSS as managed by the PCI Security Standards Council, which is a joint effort of brands like Visa, Mastercard, American Express and Discover. PCI-DSS requirements help ensure the secure handling of credit card information by our store and its service providers.
Third party links
We retain personal information we collect from you where we have an ongoing legitimate business need to do so (for example, to provide you with a service you have requested or to comply with applicable legal, tax or accounting requirements). When we have no ongoing legitimate business need to process your personal information, we will either delete or anonymise it or, if this is not possible (for example, because your personal information has been stored in backup archives), then we will securely store your personal information and isolate it from any further processing until deletion is possible.
You have options in relation to the information that we have about you described below. To exercise these options, please contact us. If you're an EEA user, you can:
- Access the information we hold about you. We'll usually share this with you within 30 days of you asking us for it.
- Have your information corrected or deleted. You can update your information in your settings. If you have problems updating the information or if you would like us to delete it, contact us.
- Object to us processing your information. You can ask us to stop using your information, including when we use your information to send you marketing emails or push notifications. If you opt out of receiving marketing messages from us, we may still send you newsletters and updates about your account. We only send you marketing material if you've agreed to it, but if you'd rather we don't, you can easily unsubscribe at any time.
- Complain to a regulator. If you're based in the EEA and think that we haven't complied with data protection laws, you have a right to lodge a complaint with the Data Protection Commission in Ireland or with your local supervisory authority.
We strongly believe in protecting the privacy of children. In line with this belief, we do not knowingly collect or maintain personal information from persons under 13 years of age, and no part of our Website is directed to persons under 13 years of age. If you are under 13 years of age, then please do not use or access our Website at any time or in any manner. We will take appropriate steps to delete any personal information of persons less than 13 years of age.
Updated: September 2019