EA Installation Inspector
This is a utility that provides information on the EA AddIns installed on the current system.
Check AddIn status with the EA Installation Inspector check
The main functions of the utility are to:
- Inspects the registry for keys that define an EA AddIn and its value i.e. its "AddIn class"
- Check whether the "AddIn Class" is registered
- Determine DLL filename for each registered "AddIn Class"
With this information it will:
- Create an entry for each AddIn with information that includes:
- AddIn name
- AddIn Class
- DLL Filename
And will colour code the entry depending on observations - see example below In addition, additional tabs allow:
- Display of AddIns in a tree view from which queries can be initiated on the registry which can help identify:
- Missing files
- Multiple class entries
- Execution of custom queries on the registry
Plus few other odds & ends
Read the help page for more detail
Download the latest version
Visit the Download page
The output is a list with a row per an AddIn that is found.
The colours for each row (AddIn) found are as follow:
- Green - OK - should have no problems
- Cyan - would seem OK but the DLL file doesn't exist in the defined location
- Magenta - No Class ID set for AddIn - so not present
- Yellow - DLL path "Not Set" - so no DLL can be found
- Red - indicates that CLSID and DLL are specified in different registry Key Sections
You can copy an image of the listview (useful when getting support) using the "Copy image current form to clipboard" button.
Installation inspector is open source. The source code is on our GitHub - Installation inspector source code
NOTE: This may not be the latest source